1. Select Check Terms () from a PatentOptimizer™ menu, toolbar, or right-click menu.
2. Choose which tab you want to use:
- Use the Search Terms tab to view identified terms and phrases one at a time.
- Use the All Terms tab to view a table of all identified terms and phrases.
Tip: To navigate to the location of an identified term or phrase in your patent document from the All Terms tab, click the term or phrase in the displayed table.
3. View reference information for identified terminology and perform additional related actions, as follows:
- Click the blue patent numbers in the Prior Usage tab to access existing patents containing the identified term or phrase.
- Click the reference link in the Case Refs tab to view the full text of cases referencing the identified term or phrase.
- View custom definitions from user-created dictionaries using the Definitions tab.
- Select a term in the Alternate Terms tab and click Replace (located on the Search Terms tab) to replace the original term.
- Designate terms and phrases for inclusion in a report by either double-clicking the term (if working on the All
- Terms tab) or selecting the Add to Report checkbox (if working on either tab).